[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: VAV single duct reheat

Mike,
Thank you for your advice.  It is very helpful.
Since I don't care the details of the the DX coil too, in
Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical, can I set the functions to be
1 from A5 to A9  which are "total cooling capacity modifier curve
(temperature)", "total cooling capacity modifier curve(flow
fraction)", "energy input ratio modifier curve
(temperature)", "energy input ratio modifier curve(flow fraction)",
and "part load factor modifer curve (part load ratio)"?  And how can
I set the values to those functions?

Thanks again for your help!

Li
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> Li:
>
> What you describe is functionally what the VAVSingleDuctReheat.idf
> is.  To eliminate the hot water loop, change the reheat coils to
be
> electric or gas.  To eliminate the chilled water loop, you would
have
> to use a DX cooling coil.  This would require two objects,
> DXSystem:AirLoop and COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical.  You
will
> not need the cooling coil controller but you will still need the
set
> point manager to specify the setpoint leaving the cooling coil.
>
> Mike
>

> On 12 Feb 2003, at 21:43, zl21e zl21e@y... wrote:
>
> > Hello, Everybody,
> > I need to simulate a system like this:
> > First, the supply air is cooled at 60F, then it is sent to
several
> > rooms.  For each room, if the room needs heating, the flow rate
of the
> > supply air for that room is controlled at min. flow rate, and the
> > reheat coil for that room works to heat the supply air to meet
the
> > requirment. If the room needs cooling, the reheat coil does not
work.
> > The flow rate of the supply air increases to meet the
requirment.   At
> > the same time, some rooms may need heating and the others may
need
> > cooling.
> >
> > I have found the example files of VAVSingleDuctReheat.idf and
> > s1r3DD.idf.  I think the system I need to simulate is similar to
those
> > in the two files.  However, I do not need to simulate the
details of
> > the chilled water loop and hot water loop as shown in the two
files.
> > Is it possible to simplify those parts in the simulation?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Li Zhang
> > Department of Mechanical Engineering
> > Iowa State University
> > Ames, IA 50010

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> EnergyPlus-Support@g...