Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fanger's PMV Calculation May Not Be Correct

I do not have access to the ASHRAE software.  To follow up on this
request, would you please provide the inputs and outputs (files or
screen shots) for the ASHRAE tool and the corresponding EnergyPlus
input file?  You can e-mail the files to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
or post them in the files area at yahoo.

Mike

On 20 Feb 2003, at 17:55, hannahyan hannahyan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I found there is a pretty constant difference between Fanger's PMV
> calculated by E+ and PMV calculated by ASHRAE's software COMFORT(RP-
> 781). I let E+ output air temp, MRT and humidity and obtained air
> velocity, human clothing and activity level from IDF file and put
> these numbers into COMFORT, the comfort index values such as PMV and
> TSENS are different significantly.  For PMV, E+ is always half scale
> higher.
>
> Can somebody check this problem?

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx