[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heat Pump

Cristina:

"HeatPump ACDX Coil 1" is the name of
the COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical object that decribes the
performance of the unit when it is in cooling mode.

"HeatPump DX Heating Coil 1" is the name of the
COIL:DX:HEATINGEMPIRICAL object that describes the performance of the
unit when it is in heating mode.

"HeatPump DX Supp Heating Coil 1" is the name of the heating coil
(COIL:GAS:HEATING in this case) that describes the performance of the
supplemental heater that operates when the DX heating coil ("HeatPump
DX Heating Coil 1") is unable to provide enough heat by itself to
maintain the thermostat heating setpoint temperature in the control
zone.

All of this is described in detail in the documentation (IO Reference
Manual and Engineering Manual).

Don

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cristina
Castaño/LABEIN"
<ccastano@l...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are working with the example of the Heat Pump of the Example
Files and
> we do not understand why are used the following coils:
>
>       - HeatPump ACDX Coil 1
>       - HeatPump DX Heating Coil 1
>       - HeatPump DX Supp Heating Coil 1
>
> What is the function of each coil inside of DXAC Heat Pump 1?
>
> Best regards,
> Cristina.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM