[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heat Pump

COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical cools the air (does not heat it
as you replied below).

COIL:DX:HeatingEmpirical heats the air (does not cool it as you
replied below).

COIL:GAS:HEATING operates when the DX heating coil
(COIL:DX:HEATINGEMPIRICAL) is unable to provide enough heat to meet
the thermostat heating setpoint temperature.

In many instances, heat pumps are sized to meet the peak cooling
load.
 In heating mode, the heat pump does the best it can to meet the
heating load, but supplemental heating (typically natural gas or
electric) is used to provide additional heating when it gets cold
outside.

There is a cooling coil object called
Coil:DX:MultiSpeed:CoolingEmpirical that you may want to investigate
if you want two stages of cooling capacity (high and low).

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cristina
Castaño/LABEIN"
<ccastano@l...> wrote:

> Thanks for your help Don,
>
> We already knew that those are the names of three types of coils
and
that
> these are explained in the input - output document and in the
Engineering
> Manual but we do not understand the explanation of each coil.
>
> We think that the COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical heats the
air
and
> COIL:DX:HEATINGEMPIRICAL cools it. And if  COIL:GAS:HEATING
operates
> when the DX heating coil ( "HeatPump DX Heating Coil 1") is unable
> provide enough heat by itself to maintain the thermostat heating
setpoint
> temperature in the control zone, why isn´t there other coil to
maintain the
> thermostat cooling setpoint temperature?.
>
> Cristina.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM