Re: Antw: [EnergyPlus_Support] COMIS wind velocity profile exponent "conflict" and wind direction.

Further clarification on wind direction for COMIS SITE WIND
CONDITIONS:

The user selects the wind directions and you are supposed to enter
multiple wind condition objects (see I/O ref p. 210) as needed to
specify different conditions on different sides of the building.  In
the 3zvent example, there are two such objects:

  COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
    0.0,  !- Wind direction {deg}
    0.20,  !- Plan area density {dimensionless}
    0.18,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
    0.0;  !- Surrounding building height {m}

  COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
    180.0,  !- Wind direction {deg}
    0.20,  !- Plan area density {dimensionless}
    0.32,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
    15.0;  !- Surrounding building height {m}

On 20 Mar 2003, at 8:18, Achim Geissler wrote:

> > #1:
> > COMIS Site Wind Conditions
> > Field: Wind direction
> > Am I supposed to get the wind direction from weather file?
> > Is the wind direction available in EnergyPlus weather file?
> Yes, wind direction and wind speed are in the EPW file (fields N20 and
> N21)
>
> > #2: Taken from 3zvent.idf
> > COMIS SIMULATION,
> > 0.14,  !- Wind velocity profile exponent {dimensionless}
> This is the wind profile exponent of the site where wind speed (and
> direction) are "being measured"
>
> > COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
> > 0.32,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
> This is the wind profile exponent of the building site.
>
> > Does it conflict? If yes, which one overcomes the other?
> No, the are both used to transform meteorological wind speed to site
> wind speed by  1. calculating the meteorological wind speed for
> "boundary thickness height" (usually 60 or more meters) at met.
> station site 2. calculating the site wind speed for building height
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Achim Geissler

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx