[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Further clarification on wind direction for COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS

So, the following, which is correct?
#1:EnergyPlus/COMIS doesn't use the wind direction data from
weather/EPW file. It only uses the wind directions from the user
input in IDF file.
#2:EnergyPlus/COMIS does use the wind direction data from weather/EPW
file. It gets the wind direction from weather/EPW and get other
values by interpolating between the two COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS.

Thanks a lot,
Ming

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> Further clarification on wind direction for COMIS SITE WIND
> CONDITIONS:
>
> The user selects the wind directions and you are supposed to enter
> multiple wind condition objects (see I/O ref p. 210) as needed to
> specify different conditions on different sides of the building.
In
> the 3zvent example, there are two such objects:
>
>   COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
>     0.0,  !- Wind direction {deg}
>     0.20,  !- Plan area density {dimensionless}
>     0.18,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
>     0.0;  !- Surrounding building height {m}
>
>   COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
>     180.0,  !- Wind direction {deg}
>     0.20,  !- Plan area density {dimensionless}
>     0.32,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
>     15.0;  !- Surrounding building height {m}

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM