[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus Newbie - HVAC help

Jared:

For the packaged air conditioner with electric coil, you should
probably use the object "UNITARYSYSTEM:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL" or
"Furnace:BlowThru:HeatCool".
See example file FurnaceWithDXSystem.idf.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jpmark23" <jpmark23@y...>
wrote:
> I have been learning this program while I try to run my first model
> with it and have run into somewhat of a road block.  The building I
> am modeling is a two story water treatment plant, with an open air
> area adjacent to the first floor that is partially below grade.
This
> particular area has walls ~27' high, and no roof.
>
> I have a unique HVAC system that I'm trying to input and I have no
> idea how to do it.  First, on the upper floor there is a package
> (central air) unit with an air conditioner and electric coil heat.
> It serves one zone of 3 or 4 rooms.  I may be missing something,
but
> I can't find a category in the model that allows me to easily enter
> the details on this Carrier unit.  There is however a window a/c
> option.  Should I use this?
>
> The rest of the building is heated with a handful of steam heaters
> that are fed by an underground steam line.  The steam is provided
> from an offsite location.  Being a water treatment plant, the
> groundwater itself is used to "air condition" the lower floor.
Steam
> that is used for a different part of the treatment is also sent to
> groundwater cooled condensor to be used for process area cooling on
> the lower floor.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance....
>
> Jared

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!