Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] vertex entries accounting thickness

At 07:05 PM 3/30/2003, Hector Huerta wrote:
>I dont know how a wall (or ceiling ) thickness accounted for in the
>input of the different geometries.. for example. I have a glassdoor
>at the very edge my south wall and perpendicular to the west wall ,
>the west wall is 30cm thick and its lower cooerdinate 0,0,0....
>
>should I input the first coordinate of the glassdoor on the south
>wall as (.30, 0, 0) or (0,0,0) ?

It's not going to matter "that" much.  I would probably use the first
though EnergyPlus treats the walls, geometry wise, as if they were 0
thickness (for purposes of sun entering through the glass door, for
example).  The thickness is accounted for in actuality by the conduction
through the wall/glass door and the calculation of the heat balance of the
surfaces.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list