[EnergyPlus_Support] Photovoltaics - shading calculations?

Hello,

I am trying to use E+ to simulate a building with a substantial grid-
tied PV system on the roof.  Unfortunately, there are 42" high
parapet walls on the east & west sides of the roof.  These parapets
will shade portions of the array from direct irradiance in the
morning and evening when the solar altitude is low. These shaded
modules will still receive diffuse irradiance in proportion with
their view factor to the sky.

My understanding is that the full version of TRNSYS can account for
the influence of these direct and diffuse components separately.
Does the TRNSYS module of E+ also have this capability?  The weather
file info states that only the global horizontal irradiance is used
in photovoltaics calcs.  Does the program decompose this data into
direct and diffuse irradiance?

I couldn't find a way to specify the location of the array relative
to any building surfaces.  Is there a way to take advantage of
the "full external shading" capability of E+ to calculate partial
array shading from building surfaces or external structures such as
nearby tall trees or neighboring buildings?

I would appreciate any help on these topics. Thanks,
Justin

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/W7NydA/hdqFAA/bW3JAA/dkFolB/TM