Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Really simple examples for heating variations, anyone?

At 05:39 AM 4/29/2003, P. Roosen wrote:

>Aren't there some *simple* examples in which different kinds of heating
>systems (floor, wall, old higher-temperature coils, but with underlying
>supply infrastructure) are used for, say, single-zoned buildings?

Those are the simple examples...<smile>

Actually, the example files are a combination of illustrative examples and
to an extent "best practice" on showing a feature.  We have been trying to
get them better documented and hope to have that accomplished soon.  Here
are my attempt at "grouping":

1ZoneUncontrolled -- this is a really simple building, no floor, no
roof.  Just 4 walls, basically.  Not really an attempt to show much of
anything but can be used by someone who is compiling the code on their own
machine.

5Zone<xxx> -- these all have the same floor plan and illustrate different
features.  These are really quite simple with 4 perimeter zones, an
interior zone, some windows and shading.

PurchAir<xxx> -- these all use purchased air as their heating/cooling
supply but their floor plan is most likely the "standard 3 zone"

The rest (including 3zvent) have 3 zones -- most are an L-shaped building
(3zvent is a square) with 2 equally sized zones on the South and 1 on the
north.  Only 1 zone has a window.  The east and north zones are names "East
Zone" and "North Zone".  The SW zone is likely named "Resistive Zone".  (It
probably should be renamed SW Zone).

And from there are the examples.  e.g.
AbsorptionChiller -- is the 3 zone model and illustrates using the
absorption chiller
Furnace -- is the 3 zone model and illustrates the Furnace
RadLoTempHydrHeatCool -- is the 3 zone model illustrating using the
Hydronic Lo Temp radiant system for heating and cooling.

Oh yes, several of the input files have good comments at the top (all are
supposed to) illustrating the features of that particular input file.

3zvent has excellent comments
LgOffVAV also has excellent comments

Hope this helps.

Linda