Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Initial Temperatures within zones

At 06:07 AM 6/1/2003, itamargoldberger wrote:

>Hi all !
>I am running some file using Jerusalem_iwec wether file.
>The run period are 2 days ( not design days )
>The days are : 21/7  and 21/1.
>The problem is that at the winter day ( 21/1), the initial
>temperatures within the zone are very high .
>For example : Outdoor DB is 6.03. and  WB is 4.82  and Indoore Mean
>Air Temp is 24.82 .
>The surfaces Temperatures are high too.
>Is there is any connection with the fact that I run those 2 days
>together?

There should not be any connection though we may still have some problems
in that regard.  You can reverse the runs run the colder day first and see
if the results are the same.  (You can just cut and paste the latter run
period above the first).

>How does e+ determine the initial temperatures of zones ?

EnergyPlus starts off initial conditions with a fairly high temperature and
then iterates until convergence is reached using the actual weather
conditions.  You will see "# warmup days" in the .eio file as an indicator
or, if things did not converge, you will see "Loads initialization did not
converge in the .err file".

You can affect the convergence tolerances by setting values in the
"Building" object -- this is also discussed a bit in FAQ reference and
should be in the Building Object itself.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team