Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF Editor blankout zero and change format ?

At 03:02 PM 5/31/2003, waspoorboy wrote:

>When I use the IDF Editor recently,
>It will automatically delete/blankout the field which I entered 0,
>zero,

A work around for this should be to enter 0.0

We had this fixed before we went to the new grid control and somethings got
lost in the "translation".  We will also note this for the next release.

>and also change numbers to engineering format.
>For example, 4 was changed to 4.00000000E+00.
>I prefer the zeros be left there, and 4 instead of 4.00000000E+00.
>Is this normal ? I mean is this the way IDF Editor was designed ?

Engineering format is an "as designed" though we will also look at this in
the next release as well.

Thanks.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov