Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Dummy Node ? (in example WindACRHControl.idf)

In this example, the Zone Return Air Node Name should *not* be
"Zone1WindACAirInletNode".  Zone equipment, such as the window air
conditioner, uses exhaust nodes to take air from the zone.  The Zone
Return Air Node is only used by the return air path of an air primary
loop.  That is why "Zone1WindACAirInletNode" in listed in the
"Zone1Exhausts" Node List.

Mike

On 11 Jun 2003, at 22:56, waspoorboy wrote:

> NODE LIST,
>     Zone1Inlets,     !- Node List Name
>     Zone1WindACAirOutletNode;  !- Node_ID_1
> NODE LIST,
>     Zone1Exhausts,   !- Node List Name
>     Zone1WindACAirInletNode;  !- Node_ID_1
> CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP CONFIGURATION,
>     RESISTIVE ZONE,  !- Zone Name
>     Zone1Equipment,  !- List Name: Zone Equipment
>     Zone1Inlets,     !- List Name: Zone Air Inlet Nodes
>     Zone1Exhausts,   !- List Name: Zone Air Exhaust Nodes
>     Zone 1 Node,     !- Zone Air Node Name
>     Zone 1 Outlet Node;  !- Zone Return Air Node Name
> I wonder if the "Zone 1 Outlet Node" is dummy.
> Because throughout the idf, nowhere else refer to this node name.
> According to the NODE LIST, and the description in I/Oref, It seems to
> me that "Zone 1 Outlet Node" is actually the
> "Zone1WindACAirInletNode", because other statements in idf refer to
> it. So, should I use "Zone1WindACAirInletNode" instead (of "Zone 1
> Outlet Node") ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ming

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchMobileComputing.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchMobileComputing.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZyjvfD/PLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM