Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] radiation terms

The resported sky diffuse, ground diffuse and beam radiation incident on a surface are all solar quantities. They should be
multiplied by the solar absorptance of the surface to get the amount of each that is absorbed.

Fred Winkelmann

idoebber wrote:

> I am trying to calculate the total radiation incident on a surface that is
> absorbed.  The outputs for radiation incident on a surface are sky diffuse,
> ground diffuse, and solar beam.  Yet the absorptance constants for the
> building material are thermal, solar, and visible.  How do I calculate the
> fraction of each radiation that is absorbed.
>
> Thanks
> Ian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchSecurity.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchSecurity.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ayjvfD/QLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM