Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Capabilities

EnergyPlus has two moisture storage models:

1. The moisture transfer functions (MTF) models both moisture storage
and transport.  Because this model uses fixed material properties, it
is currently only suitable for short term simulations in a limited
range of conditions.  Next year, the capabilities of this model will
be expanded to allow for more variations in properties.

2. The effecive mean penetration depth (EMPD) model simulates
moisture storage only.  It is effective at modeling the cyclical
absroption and release of moisture.

EnergyPlus has an air-to-air heat recovery component capable of
modeling both sensible and latent energy transfer.

Source code is available by executing a Collaborative Developer's
license at a cost of US$250.  For more licensing information, please
see:

http://www.energyplus.gov/licensing.html

Mike

On 19 Jun 2003, at 21:55, MelanieSchwab wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I a summer student at the University of Saskatchewan, in Canada.  I
> am currently trying to find a building simulation program that can
> simulate moisture storage and air-to-air energy (moisture and
> heat)recovery.  The EnergyPlus program has been suggested, and I was
> wondering if it does actually have these capabilities.  As well, since
> I will be using this program in a research setting, I will need access
> to the source code.  Is that possible with EnergyPlus?
>
> Thank you
>
> Melanie

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchMobileComputing.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchMobileComputing.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZyjvfD/PLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM