Re: AW: [EnergyPlus_Support] radiation terms

For calculating IR from the ground, the ground is assumed to have an IR emissivity of 0.9 and a surface temperature equal to
the outside air temperature. The ground temperatures from the weather file are not used.

The IR from the sky depends on the sky temperature, which is calculated from outside air temperature, atmospheric moisture
and cloud cover.

Fred Winkelmann

Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> What about the IR heat exchange? The IR heat exchange with the sky can
> be estimated from the known sky and surface temperature. In the case of
> the IR heat exchange with the ground, do the ground temperatures from
> the weather file have to be accounted for? What is the IR emittance
> coefficient for the ground like in EPlus?
>
> Thanks
> Alexander

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchNetworking.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchNetworking.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YyjvfD/OLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM