[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: batch command to queue e+ simulations?

Hello Yi Chun HUANG,

> I have to run quite a lot of (large and time consuming) simulations.
> Is it possible to queue the idf files such as using a batch file?
>
> Also, given a fixed building design, I'm trying to optimise the
> orientation that would result in the lowest energy consumption
> (maximum self shadow from the building). How can I do this in E+?

I am currently designing a (multi-criterial) EA-based optimization tool
to address exactly that issue. I already succeeded in calculating a
Pareto set for a tradeoff of comfort vs. energy consumption for a "dog's
hut" (read: a very simple building design) that will eventually lead to
a multi-criterial assessment of different heating equipment types with
this *currently experimental* system.

I should mention that I prefer to develop and simulate in a Linux
environment, but I guess that would not matter too much in a cooperative
work.

If you (or anyone else, of course) is interested in a cooperation,
please drop me a line!

Regards,

	Peter Roosen
--
goethe GbR               Vollmer & Roosen GbR     Dr. Peter Roosen
www.goethe-gbr.de        www.linguadapt.de        www.peter-roosen.com

GPS: 50.7383 N, 6.0427 E

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM