Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] macro input

For more examples, in the Templates folder, the HVAC templates use
the ep-macro commands.

Regarding your specific problem.  First, it looks like the ep-macro
processor did not process the "Period" command.  Does your file name
have the ".imf" extension?  This is what triggers the ep-launch or
runeplus.bat batch file to run ep-macro.

When ep-macro runs, it produces two output files.  The .epmdet file
is detailed output from ep-macro which will show error messages and
other details from the macro processing.  The .epmidf file is the
"clean" input file which is passed to EnergyPlus.  If all has worked
properly, the epmidf file should have only simple EnergyPlus object,
all of the macro commands and variables will have been replaced with
values.

In your example, since "RunPeriod" and the terminating semi-colon (;)
are defined within the Period[] macro, then you don't need to repeat
them in your IMF file:

##def Period [m]
RunPeriod,
    m,                       !- Begin Month
    2,                      !- Begin Day Of Month
    m,                       !- End Month
    2,                      !- End Day Of Month
    Monday,                  !- Day Of Week For Start Day
    No,                      !- Use WeatherFile Holidays/Special Days
    No,                      !- Use WeatherFile DaylightSavingPeriod
    No,                      !- Apply Weekend Holiday Rule
    No,              !- Use WeatherFile Rain Indicators
    No;              !- Use WeatherFile Snow Indicators

 . . .

##enddef

Period[8]

Mike

On 14 Jul 2003, at 11:32, itamargoldberger wrote:

> Hi All !
> I am trying to learn how to use macro commands.
>
> 1. Where can I find some material and examples ( I found some at the
> auxiliary programs pdf ?). is there is some more?
>
> 2.I tryed to run som simple macro line :
> ##def Period[m]
> RunPeriod,
>     m,                       !- Begin Month
>     2,                      !- Begin Day Of Month
>     m,                       !- End Month
>     2,                      !- End Day Of Month
>     Monday,                  !- Day Of Week For Start Day
>     No,                      !- Use WeatherFile Holidays/Special Days
>     No,                      !- Use WeatherFile DaylightSavingPeriod
>     No,                      !- Apply Weekend Holiday Rule No,
>                  !- Use WeatherFile Rain Indicators No;
>           !- Use WeatherFile Snow Indicators
>

> ##enddef;
> RunPeriod,Period[8];
>

> and the output was :
>
> IDF Line=95 ##def Period[m]
>    ** Severe  ** , or ; expected on this line
>    ************* IDF Context for following error/warning message:
>    *************     96 RunPeriod, *************     97     m,
>                  !- ** Severe  ** Invalid Number in Numeric Field#1
>    (Begin Month),
> value=M, in RUNPERIOD
>    ************* IDF Line=109 ##enddef
>    ** Severe  ** , or ; expected on this line
>    ************* IDF Context for following error/warning message:
>    *************    112 RunPeriod,Period[8]; ** Severe  ** Invalid
>    Number in Numeric Field#1 (Begin Month),
> value=PERIOD[8], in RUNPERIOD
>
> Does anyone understands ?
> Thanks
> Itamar

> ---------------------~--> Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge &
> refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have
> your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health. 1 month supply - $23.95
(1 bottle, 90 tablets, 400mg each with Magnesium & Vitamin D)
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mcIe3D/v9VGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM