Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Radiation Output

The solar values on the weather file are average values over the
hour.  For interpolation of hourly weather data, the average value is
assumed to be the value at the midpoint of the hour.  The reported
values in the output are totals for each reporting period.  So,
hourly reported values will not match the original values in the
weather file, but the total solar for a day should agree.

Mike

On 14 Jul 2003, at 14:29, Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> Dear EPlus User
>
> Comparing data of direct and diffuse solar radiation from the weather
> file to hourly calculated data by EPlus, I found big deviations,
> especially in the morning and evening hours; I used the Chicago
> weather file. Is there an obvious reason for such a difference?
>
> I would appreciate your comments.
> Regards
> Alexander

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx