[EnergyPlus_Support] beginner questions - sky clearness, building north axis

I'm trying to get a feel for EnergyPlus by making small changes to the
1ZoneUncontrolled file in Examples.

Since I live in NM where the sky is always clear, I checked into the sky
clearness parameter. The reference says:

"This value represents the clearness value for the day."

What is the range of this variable? 0-1? One of the DesignDays in this
file has a sky clearness of 1.1. Is 0 cloudy (I think so), but what is
perfectly clear? 1? > 1?

Also, I ran the 1ZoneUncontrolled file, modified so that the winter day
has a sky clearness of 1.0 and the summer day has 1.1
I then reran the file, but first set the building north axis to 45.0.
All the Zone 1 temps were identical to at least 3 places. I expected
that rotating the building would change the solar gain. An explanation
would be most welcome.
Thanks

David Strip
Albq, NM