Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simple boiler with basebaord heat

It sounds like you need to fix the first part of the .imf file to point to
the proper file location.  It can't find it's zone descriptions.

If you think that file will help, look for CVBbRh.idf -- it's the same
without the macros.

There is a simple boiler file as well -- probably 3 zone.

At 09:55 AM 9/1/2003, Jeb Blakeley wrote:

>I have a 3 zone house with a simple boiler and hot water baseboard
>heat in each zone.  There is no cooling.  I tried to use CVBbRh.imf
>as starting place to set up simple single setpoint heating
>thermostatic control for the 3 zones, but running the macro failed
>with the following message:  (I just opened EP-Launch, selected the
>macro file and clicked "simulate.")
>
>Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.1.0.020, 9/1/2003 8:48 AM
>    ** Warning ** Objects="SKY RADIANCE DISTRIBUTION" have been
>deleted from the IDD.  Will be ignored.
>    ** Severe  ** No items found for Required Object=ZONE
>    ** Severe  ** No items found for Required Object=SURFACEGEOMETRY
>    ** Severe  ** Other miscellaneous errors found in input
>    **  Fatal  ** Out of "range" values and/or blank required fields
>found in input
>    ************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 1
>Warning; 3 Severe Errors
>
>Can you help me fix this file, or better yet point me to an example
>file for my simple 3 zone control problem?
>Thank you,
>Jeb Blakeley

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov