[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: saving energy with change setpoint thermostat

Thank you Mr. Mike,
I have repair my model and running simulation.
But I get a dramatic result in energy savings.
Total electricity facility is reduced 10 % for every 1 ^C difference
in thermostat setting. I don't know it's possible or not ?
Can you tell me calculation method for cooling load in EnergyPlus
v1.1 ?

Tata

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am using EnergyPlus for calculate energy consumption of the
> > building. My model just for cooling load operation, and the
building
> > using chiller for cooling loop. In setpoint thermostat using
single
> > cooling setpoint with control type 2. I have running the
simulation
> > for setpoint thermostat 22 C during occupied hours (from hour 5-
18)
> > and 27 C otherwise, and I have get total electricity facility
(J). But
> > when I reduce cooling setpoint from 22 C to 24 C during occupied
> > hours, total electricity facility not change. I can't get saving
> > energy from reduce setpoint thermostat.
> >
> > After running simulation, I get this warning :
> >   ************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity
> >    ************* All Branches passed integrity testing
> >    ************* Testing Individual Supply Air Path Integrity
> >    ************* All Supply Air Paths passed integrity testing
> >    ************* Testing Individual Return Air Path Integrity
> >    ************* All Return Air Paths passed integrity testing
> >    ** Warning ** tp12c0:  not converged in 8 CoolCoilErrs
> >    ** Warning ** tp12c0:  not converged in 8 CoolCoilErrs
> >    ** Warning ** tp12c0:  not converged in 8 CoolCoilErrs
> >    ** Warning ** tp12c0:  not converged in 8 CoolCoilErrs
> >    ** Warning ** tp12c0:  not converged in 8 CoolCoilErrs
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 04:15 - 04:30
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 04:30 - 04:45
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 04:45 - 05:00
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 05:00 - 05:15
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 05:15 - 05:30
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 05:30 - 05:45
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 05:45 - 06:00
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 06:00 - 06:15
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 06:15 - 06:30
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 06:30 - 06:45
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 06:45 - 07:00
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 07:00 - 07:15
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 07:15 - 07:30
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC
> > loops, SRJY, 07/21 07:15 - 07:17
> >    ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Exceeding max iterations continues...50

Can
> > any one help me for this problem? And can I get some example for
> > simulation like this?
> >
> > I do hope for a reply in the future. Thank you very much for your
> > concern
> >
> > Tata

> > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for
Your
> > HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on
orders
> > $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> EnergyPlus Testing and Support