From: Linda Lawrie [mailto:linda@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent
:
11 September 2003 17:18
To: Monjur M Mourshed
Cc: Drury.Crawley@xxxxxxxxxx; SBRosen@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy+.IDD

At 11:06 AM 9/11/2003, Monjur M Mourshed wrote:

 One of the problems I faced when developing ArDOT is that EnergyPlus only allows one instance of the application per machine. I assume that EnergyPlus makes some temp files like in.idf while running a particular simulation. Running multiple instances (after recompiling E+ and allowing multiple instances) at the same time may create file access and permissions problems. The problem is acute, when somebody wants to run EnergyPlus as a server.

1) this discussion would be more pertinent for the EnergyPlus Developers list

2) I do not have anyone in Ireland nor your email/name listed as a collaborative developer.  How did you get access to the source code and "re-compile"?

3) Energyplus can run more than one instance but you have to set the "working directory" accurately -- that would be an interface problem to solve rather than trying to do something os-dependent from within Energyplus.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team