Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] subsurface on interzone surface

Yes, you are correct that interzone subsurfaces must be described
twice, once in each zone.  Then for COMIS, you attach a COMIS opening
to one of these two instances of the subsurface.  The subsurface
which is attached to the COMIS opening then governs which zone is the
controlling zone for the opening (if it has any operable vent
controls).

Mike

On 23 Sep 2003, at 5:18, waspoorboy wrote:

> One interzone surface between two zones needs to be defined twice, as
> different surface names for each zone.
>
> For heat transfer purpose,
> if I have a door on that interzone surface, the door also needs to be
> defined twice with different names for each of the two zones. Am I
> correct ? Thanks.
>
> [ps.It is noted in IOref that [For COMIS airflow purpose],
> the door(opening) should be defined only once.]

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support