Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Moisture

Hello,
Speaking of the moisture upgrade, I just found (and I mean just found this
out) that the units for the Mass Flux printed out in the report are
incorrect.  They currently are:
ZN001:WALL002:Outside Surface Mass Flux[kg/s/m2](Hourly)
with a value of   0.0117909446568265 (which is 3600.0 times too big)
They should be:
ZN001:WALL002:Outside Surface Mass Flux[kg/hr/m2](Hourly)
with a value of   0.0117909446568265
Same value but the wrong unit label.

I have been running my stand alone verification programs and the numbers
coming out of the verification program looked close to what was coming out
of EnergyPlus, except for the unit difference.  I looked much closer and
found the 3600.0 multiplier for the moisture calculation inside
of  EnergyPlus.  All other moisture values are correctly reported including
the temperature and vapor density.

The [kg/hr/m2] label matches the current value coming out of EnergyPlus.  I
think I will change the value to the [kg/s/m2] units, since that will be
more understandable when the value is reported at a time interval of less
than an hour even though the number will be much smaller.

You can use the current values coming out of EnergyPlus, but you must
either change the units from s to hr on the Excel spreadsheet label or
divide all the values by 3600.0 with the current version of EnergyPlus.

CR6014 has been submitted.

Thanks
Dr. Richard J. Liesen  Ph.D. M.E.
Associate Director, Building Systems Laboratory
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
www.bso.uiuc.edu

Upgrade to 128-Bit SSL Security!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/p7cEmB/s7qGAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM