Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] if Purchased:Chilled/Hot Water & Pump on same branch ?

A plant loop can be described with a single branch containing the
pump and boiler or chiller.  See the TRHConstFlowChillerOneBranch.idf
example file.  I have never tried this with purchased:chilled/hot
water, so I am not sure if it will work properly.  In a one branch
loop, both components are ACTIVE.

Mike

On 7 Oct 2003, at 17:56, waspoorboy wrote:

> In the example files, Purchased Water and Pump are on different
> branches, and there's a bypass branch, mixer and splitter as well. In
> this case, Purchased Water and Pump are both "ACTIVE" on the
> respective branches.  I guess the Purchased Water respond to the
> control and tell the pump to try meet the flow (Y/N) ?
>
> Suppose now I put the Purchased Water and the Pump in series on a
> branch, which one is "ACTIVE" then ? [ie., which one will respond to
> the control and then tell the other to try meet the demand flow ?]
>
> or, they can't be in series on the same branch ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ming

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support