[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tutorials for EnergyPlus!

A good place to start is the 'Getting Started' manual
(part of the documentation when you install EnergyPlus).

>From the Start button, Programs, EnergyPlus V 1.1.1 Programs,
then click DocMainMenu.  That provides a menu to all the
documentation including 'Getting Started' which provides
an overview of energy simulation and EnergyPlus.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tcornell@g... wrote:
> Yehya,
>
> There are no EnergyPlus tutorials as such.  However, when you
> installed EnergyPlus on your computer it created an ExampleFiles
> subdirectory which contains a number of simple models for a
variety
> of typical HVAC systems.  Try walking through some of the example
> files using the InputOutputReference (located in the documentation
> subdirectory) as a guide.  This will help you learn the program's
> input structure, user-defined variables and syntax.
>
> You might also want to attend one of the EnergyPlus workshops for
> beginning modelers which are being planned for 2004.  We'll keep
you
> posted on workshop plans (i.e., time and location) when they are
> further developed.
>

> On 10 Oct 2003 at 15:14, Yehya Al-Hadban wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can someone advice me where to find tutorial for energy plus. I
never
> > used simulation softwares and I will be starting from scratch.
Could
> > any one advice me of where tutorials can be found for me to have
> > best start.
> >
> > Loads of thanks,
> > Yehya

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.