Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylighting

In EnergyPlus, the daylighting reference points are shown in the dxf
drawing file.  To create this file, add "REPORT,Surfaces,DXF;" to
your idf file.  If you do not have software which will view a dxf
format drawing file, VoloView Express is available for free at

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2753004

For an example, see ExampleFiles\DaylightingDeviceTubular.idf  It
uses two reference points in each daylighting zone.  The first
reference point is shown as a red circle, the second as a blue circle.

Mike

On 4 Nov 2003, at 0:52, Joe Huang wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I believe the drawing tool that Mike was referring to is DrawBDL,
> developed by yours truly. For more information, please see
> www.drawbdl.com.  The EnergyPlus *.idf  reader is still in Beta form
> and currently does not read daylight reference points. This will be
> added shortly as a outgrowth of this e-mail exchange.
>
> Joe Huang

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support