Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] My way of doing batch run, is this okay ?

At 02:24 AM 12/11/2003, waspoorboy wrote:
>Does it violates EnergyPlus license agreement ?
>[i.e., altering/modifying/making use of the existing batch file]

Hmmm.  I better read the license agreement again.  As far as I know, you
should be able to use any of the flat files to your purposes.  This would
include the RunEPlus batch file, the EPL-Run batch file that EP-Launch
uses, change the EPW files to suit your needs (i.e. look at the effects of
say +2 deg in dry bulb with same other conditions), etc.

Where you "might" run into trouble would be to give these to someone else
to use.  But again, if you share them on this forum, (and as you say "at
your own risk"), I don't think that should be perceived as any kind of
violation of the license agreement.

Yes, does look like it would work.  Note, however, that RunEP is the result
of EP-Launch using the selected items and "crossed" with EPL-Run.

What might equally work would be another batch file that contains "calls"
to the RunEPlus batch file.

call runeplus C:\EnergyPlus111\BatchRun\001
C:\EnergyPlus111\WeatherData\AAA.epw
call runeplus C:\EnergyPlus111\BatchRun\002
C:\EnergyPlus111\WeatherData\BBB.epw
call runeplus C:\EnergyPlus111\BatchRun\003
C:\EnergyPlus111\WeatherData\CCC.epw

You would need to modify runeplus.bat file appropriately so that it can
accept full paths as the arguments -- as distributed it sets up to use
inputs from ExampleFiles and the Weatherdata as the WeatherData folder
under the root where EnergyPlus is installed.

Good luck.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list