Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zones in Energyplus

The presence of interior walls will affect both the radiant exchange and the
thermal mass of the zones.  If these walls do not exist in the building, then
it is appropriate to model you zones without them.  You should consider adding
internal mass objects to each zone to account for the mass of furniture and
cubicle partitions if present.  Warnings from EnergyPlus are intended to point
out something unusual so the user does not omit something by mistake.  Severe
errors indicate that there may be a problem with the results.  If you just get
warnings in this case, then you can ignore them.

Mike

On 9 Jan 2004, at 21:17, tianzhen9 wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> I have a question for using energyplus. Could somebody give me an
> answer?
>
> I am simulating a radiant slab cooling system (Hydrolic low
> temperature radiant slab system) in a 40m*40m plan building.
>
> If I use DOE to simualte a conventional HVAC system, this building
> could be considered as 5 different zones( one central zone and four
> perimeter zones). And there is no internal wall between zones.
>
> But if I use Energyplus to simulate the radiant slab system, do I
> need to zone the building to five zones? If the building is taken as
> five zones, and there is no internal walls between zones, so the
> simulate result will has a warning for zones that do not have six
> surfaces. Could I omit this warning or should I add a internal wall
> between zones?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Zhen Tian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

>  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
>  Support Web Site.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: