Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] infiltration sensibly cools house in summer

Bad  URL  eere.energy.gov/buildings........

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weatherdata_us.cfm).

> [...]
> sensibly cools house in summer
>
> In your simulation, is the house conditioned 24hrs a
> day 365 days a year.; If
> the house is always closed up, and the HVAC is
> always on, which is typical of a
> simulation model, then it seems quite reasonable
> that the average outdoor air
> temperature over the course of a summer is cooler
> than the indoor cooling
> setpoint.; To answer this for yourself, have
> EnergyPlus report the average
> outdoor tempature on a monthly basis.; If this is
> below your cooling setpoint,
> then infiltration has a net cooling effect.; The
> published data may be based on
> measurements or calculations in which the HVAC
> system is not on during mild
> days when the house would likely be cooled by open
> windows.;
>
> Mike
>

> On 31 Jan 2004, at 19:54, Ian Doebber wrote:
>
> > Analyzing my summer component loads for Atlanta
> GA, I discover that the net
> > sensible effect of infiltration is negative.; In
> other words, infiltration
> > sensibly overall cools my house during the
> summer.; The infiltration latent
> > effect is as it should be, adding heat into the
> house.; When I view pre-existing
> > data on summer infiltration effects on homes the
> reported effect is that it
> > heats the house.; I am wondering if anyone else
> has had resultant data showing
> > sensible cooling effect of infiltration during the
> summer and that the published
> > summer effects of infiltration adds the latent and
> sensible infiltration effects
> > together to get a rough estimate of the overall
> infiltration effect during the
> > summer.;
> >
> > If the published data adds latent and sensible
> infiltration effects during the
> > summer, then is this the same process used for
> winter infiltration effects or
> > does only the sensible infiltration effect get
> reported since the latent load is
> > insignificant during the winter.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ian

> removed]

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any
> files to the appropriate folder
> > in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> >; -- please post any files to the appropriate
> folder in the Files are of the
> >; Support Web Site.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >; http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> EnergyPlus Testing and Support;;;;;
> EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files
> to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
> Support Web Site.
>

> -- please post any files to the appropriate folder
> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.