Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] warm-up time

i want to take this opportunity to say that this support group is great. thank you for your prompt and very helpful responses to our varied queries.
regards,
~m

Rick Strand <rkstrand@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
As Ned and Dru have already mentioned, E+ does have a warmup period during
which the program will iterate on the same day until it reaches
"convergence".  For a design day environment, E+ will use the design day
and repeat it until it reaches "steady periodic" conditions.  For a weather
environment, E+ will use the first day of the weather file for the warmup
period.  Once convergence is reached in any of these cases, it will then
start the simulation time clock.  Note that it reinitializes temperature
histories between different weather environments (individual design days or
weather files) to the same starting initial condition before it starts the
iterative warmup process.

As Ned suggested, if one wants to see how the building reacts to several
days of extreme conditions, add an additional "normal" day to the weather
period.  The results should show the temperatures/loads drift, with the
amount of drift obviously a function of building type, materials, location,
weather, etc.

Rick Strand