Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Shading Transmittance

Yes, it's a bit vague in the definition itself (which we will fix).  But I
found it in this portion of the text (on page 227 of 807):

"(1) Fins, overhangs, trees, neighboring buildings, etc. entered with the
objects
Surface:Shading:Attached,
Surface:Shading:Detached:Fixed, or
Surface:Shading:Detached:Building,

(2) Building surfaces like walls and roofs (in an L-shaped building, for
example),

(3) Surfaces associated with window setback.

Category (1) surfaces can have an associated solar transmittance schedule
(see description of the field TransSchedShadowSurf for these surfaces).  If
this schedule is not specified, the surface is opaque (has zero
transmittance).

The daylighting calculation takes the transmittance into account in
determining, for example, how much light enters a window through a
translucent awning.  (It is assumed that the solar and visible
transmittance is the same and that the surfaces are non-diffusing, i.e.,
they do not change the direction of transmitted light.)"

                      Hannah Yan
                      <hannahyan@yahoo.        To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@Exchange
                      com>                     cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Shading Transmittance
                      03/12/2004 04:21
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

I did not find the definition on the page. Please
verify the I/O Ref version. Is the "transmittance" for
the shading surface the same as "solar transmittance"
of the window materials? Thanks. The input field for
shading surface transmittance schedule is
"TransSchedShadowSurf".

Hannah