Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: IP Units help - IDF conversions

See page 39 (45 of 56 in the PDF) of GettingStarted.pdf.   It describes
this more clearly:  If there are no units in the units column, it doesn't
get converted.

All schedules and fluid properties must be entered in SI (even when using
the IP view in IDFEditor). This includes thermostat setpoints, people
activity levels, and other dimensioned schedules.

Generally you should not have to use the fluid properties unless you are
entering a new refrigerant.  These are described on page 734 (761 of 807 in
the PDF) of InputOutputReference.pdf.

                      tbcengineers
                      <tconnolly@connollyeng        To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      ineers.com>                   cc:
                                                    Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: IP Units help - IDF
                      03/13/2004 07:51 PM            conversions
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Support

As I tried to convert the input to IP units in the IDF Editor, I got
a message that states "Schedules and Fluid Properties will not be
converted." So not all values will be converted. I'm not sure which
ones won't be converted. Can someone give me additional insight on
which are the "Schedule and Fluid Properties" values?

Tx,

Tom Connolly

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tcornell@g... wrote:
> I-P units are supported in EnergyPlus through the IDF Editor.
After
> selecting an object in the IDF Editor, check "Inch-Pound" in the
pull-
> down "View" menu.  All values will be converted to and/or displayed
> in I-P units.
>

> On 23 Feb 2004 at 15:46, tbcengineers wrote:
>
> > I am a new user to EPlus, and I'm not sure if it will be the tool
> > need if I cannot work in IP units.
> >
> > Can someone tell me which input interfaces for EPlus do a nice
job of
> > allowing IP units? My main emphasis is for HVAC load and energy
> > analysis use.
> >
> > Also, can anyone share with me an Excel spreadsheet, or other
simple
> > method of converting SI units to IP units in the output reports
for
> > EPlus?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Tom Connolly, PE, CEM
> > Connolly Consulting Engineers, PLLC

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> >  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files
are
> >  of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

-- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the
Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:

Upgrade to 128-bit SSL Security!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LPJzrA/yjVHAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.