[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: higher temperature, lower cooling rate

The tilt of the wall will change the incident solar radiation, consequently the temperature of the wall can change.  However, if the tilt also increases the area of the outside wall, the total heat transfer through the wall may be increased (heating and cooling).

Ned Lyon

Senior Project Manager
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> markus_gmeinder@xxxxxx 3/19/2004 4:50:39 AM >>>
I reviewed the "details report". I am shure that the walls are
facing the way I want. The .dxf shows the walls with the tilt angles
and even in the "detailes report the angle is e.g. 50°. The azimuth
is the same as in the real model. I integrated detached shading in
each model. I will run the simulation without shading.
thanks
Markus

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> Are you sure that the walls are facing the way you intend?  Have
you reviewed
> the tilt, azimuth, and area of the surfaces in the "Surfaces,
Details" report?
> Are you perhaps tilting the walls in such a way that they are
being shaded by
> other surfaces?
>
> Mike
>

> On 18 Mar 2004, at 16:02, markus_gmeinder wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a problem to explain my simulation results.
> > Is it possible that in my different models (I altered the tilt
angle
> > of the S-E and S-W walls from vertical(90°) to 50° in 5°steps)
the
> > temperatures of the model are lower the lower the wall tilt
angle
> > during a summer day.
> > When I calculate the cooling rate the behaviour is converse. The
> > lower the wall tilt angle the higher the cooling rate.
> > When I consider the sun intensity than the results of the
cooling
> > rate are explainable. But when the cooling rate is high
consequently
> > the temperature in the same model should be high as well. There
must
> > be something wrong or do I ignore something.
> > I hope anybody of you can explain me the circumstances.
> > Thank u very much,
> > Markus

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder
> > in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> >  -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files
are of the
> >  Support Web Site.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

-- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.