[EnergyPlus_Support] Inconsistant annual energy consumption

I am using energy plus to determine the annual energy consumption for various types of chillers.  To increase the size of the building, I am using the zone multiplier.  When creating a new building, I copy the exisiting building and then change the zone multiplier to increase the size of the building.  I have autosize set for the HVAC equipment.  After doing this, the demand capacity of the chiller increases proportionatly to the increase in the size of the building.  However, the annual energy consumption of the plant does not increase proportionatly.  In fact, in one instance the annual energy consumption of the smaller building was more than the annual energy consumption of a much larger buildng.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening?