Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus Version 1.2 Now Available

No, there is no need to uninstall Version 1.1.  During the
installation you will be asked whether the installer should look for
a previous installation of EnergyPlus.  If you click on the "Perform
Search" option (recommended), the installer will locate the old
version of EnergyPlus on your computer.  Several screens later you
will be requested to provide a destination folder for the new
version.  The default will be the folder where the old version of
EnergyPlus is located.  If you accept this default the installer will
overwrite the old version of EnergyPlus.  If you select a different
folder for the installation the old version of EnergyPlus will not be
overwritten.