Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] temperature curve

OtherSideCoefficients allows you to assign a schedule as the outside surface
temperature for any surface.

1.  In Surface:HeatTransfer, OutsideFaceEnvironment=OtherSideCoeff and
OutsideFaceEnvironment Object="Scheduled Ground Temp" (or whatever name you
choose).

2.  Then add this object:

OtherSideCoefficients,
    Scheduled Ground Temp,   !- OtherSideCoeff Name
    -1, !- Combined convective/radiative film coefficient
     0, !- User selected Constant Temperature {C}
     1, !- Coefficient modifying the user selected constant temperature
     0, !- Coefficient modifying the external dry bulb temperature
     0, !- Coefficient modifying the ground temperature
     0, !- Coefficient modifying the wind speed term (s/m)
     0, !- Coefficient modifying the zone air temperature part of the equation
    Ground Temp Schedule;    !- ScheduleName for constant temperature

3.  Create the appropriate "Ground Temp Schedule" objects.

4.  Be sure to report the outside surface temperature to confirm the values are
what you expect.

Mike

On 16 Apr 2004, at 14:04, vamsi gooje wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm simulating a building with no HVAC system.
> As there is no facility to input detailed ground temperatures, I've used monthly
> average temperatures. I observed a 5 F delta in the floor temperatures from the
> actual data that was recorded. I believe because of this the entire zone surface
> temperatures are slightly higher than expected. So I'm curios how much
> difference it would really make by assigning a temperature curve (from actual
> data collected in the building) to the floor for a span of four days. Could
> somebody elaborate on how this could be done? Thanks. vamshi
>

> Vamshi Gooje
>
> AZ
>
> "Let none enter this who is ignorant about geometry"

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.