From: zhen tian [mailto:tianzhen9@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 8:31 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question: Radiant Panel

Hi, Mike:

Could you tell me how to define the " near the inside face of the surface
and  a  very thin layer of material on top of it" ?

I do not know how to define it. Should I add another surface and then define
it as thin construction with internal source?

Thanks.

David Tian

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You have two options:

1)  Baseboard Heater:Water:Convective which is thermostatically controlled
and
adds heat to the space by convection.

or 2)  Use LOW TEMP RADIANT SYSTEM:HYDRONIC with the source near the inside
face of the surface and a very thin layer of material on top of it.

Mike

On 15 Apr 2004, at 23:32, tianzhen9 wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> I am modelling the radiant cooling slab system with perimeter
> radiant panel heating system.
>
> I can not find the "hydraulic radiant panal system" in Energyplus.
> It sounds like somebody has posted this question before, but I
> cannnot find it.
>
> Should I set the "Radiant Panel" as "Baseboard Heater:
> Water:Concective"? And how about other directions?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> David Tian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business
systems are scanned for acceptability of content and viruses.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM