[EnergyPlus_Support] general question

Good morning all,

This will be a very simple question compared to many I have read
here.  Our (architecture firm)office may be looking into running
energy simulation as part of attaining LEED certification on future
projects.  I am an intern architect, with a pending masters degree in
sustainable architecture.  I have had limited exposure (residential
scale only) to Calpass, Energy 10 and MECcheck software.  Since I
would be the person running energy simulations in the office, I
wanted to know; how difficult is EnergyPlus to understand and run?
Would the two day training course offered on the web site be an
adequate introduction for implementing a full scale simulation for a
160,000 SF commercial project?  I want to know just what I may be in
for before I commit myself, and the office to something this
technical and involved.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Brian T. Falcon
Arcus Design Group