Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ceiling, adiabatic surface or not?

you can take ceilings as an adiabatic if you set the
indoor tempereture of the space above and below the
ceiling is the same. otherwise you should cnsider heat
transfer through ceilings if the temperature of the
storise are differrent.

 in short you can take surfaces as adiabatic if the
surface is in one zone, else take the surface as heat
transfer surface if it separates two different thermal
zones.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM