Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ceiling, adiabatic surface or not?

The reason the first level is warmer than the top floor is because of the
floor, which I presume has an outside environment of ground and the ground
temperatures are much warmer than -21C.  When you allow heat transfer between
the levels, then more heat flows out of the first level and thus it balances
out at a cooler temperature.  So your results look reasonable for an
unconditioned building.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support