Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zone List Multiplier Problem??

I have confirmed that there is a problem with the zone list multipliers by
setting the individual zone multipliers to 38 and setting the zone list
multiplier to 1.  The answer should be the same as the original case with a
zone list multiplier of 38 and individual zone multipliers of 1, but it is not.
 The zone list mutliplier is not being applied to internal gains such as LIGHTS
and ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT.  Use the Zone Multiplier field in the ZONE object
instead.

However, this particular file will still not work, because the HVAC equipment
is not autosized.  If you look at the reported values for ZONE/SYS AIR TEMP,
you will see that the multiplied zones are not maintaining setpoint.  Zone
multipliers multiply the zone loads only and expect the HVAC equipment to be
large enough to meet the multiplied load.  So, you need to autosize the HVAC
equipment or specify capacities that are 38 times larger for the multiplied
zones.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support