[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: zone moisture generation

I have used EQUIPMENT to generate moisture loads in simulations.  You
can set a generation rate and a schedule, but not much else.  I
simulated bathroom shower use, but you have to make a good guess as to
how much moisture to specify.  There are no other controls, so modeling
a typical room humidifier is not accurate because there is no variable
control in EQUIPMENT to make a humidity set point.  You could use some
ASHRAE moisture generation rates for various activities and schedule
them.

Ned Lyon

Senior Project Manager
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> shirey@xxxxxxxxxxxx 6/8/2004 10:30:53 AM >>>
Look at the object ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT and see if this will meet your
needs.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hjunmoon" <gt6102a@p...>
wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to model a zone with moisture generation. For example,
> small room humidifier, cooking, taking a shower in a room, etc.
> I have used humidity ratio in purchased air to set moisture
> generation. However this only works when the purchase air is active.
> Is there any other good way to represent moisture generation in a
> room?
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Hyeun Jun Moon

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to: