Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about Cooling Tower

There is something wrong with the sizing inputs, because the condenser water
pump flow rate is being sized to zero.  You should be able to autosize the
entire condenser loop and all of its components and it will automatically match
the chiller's condenser water flow rate.  See p. 317 (pdf p. 345) of the Input
Output reference, Item 4.

Mike

On 15 Jun 2004, at 18:20, carmen herrero prada wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am having some problems while simulating condenser
> loop water cooled with a cooling tower. I am
> autosizing everything (plant sizing), except the
> Design Water Flow rate (m3/s) which has to be the same
> that appears in the chiller object, in the field:
> Design Condenser Volumetric Flow rate (m3/s)
>
> But, althouth I have tried with different options (as
> creating a schedule for a Condenser Temperature
> Setpoint node in the Condenser Loop object or just
> typing AIR to use the outdoor air wet-bulb as the
> setpoint, as i have seen in the example files) I keep
> getting the same errors:
>
> ** Warning ** Check input. Pump nominal power or motor
> efficiency is set to 0, for pump=CONDPUMP
>    ** Warning ** Check input. Pump nominal volumetric
> flow rate is set or calculated = 0, for pump=CONDPUMP
>    ** Severe  ** COOLING TOWER:SINGLE SPEED "TOWER".
> Free convection air flow rate must be less than the
> design air flow rate.
>    ** Severe  ** COOLING TOWER:SINGLE SPEED "TOWER".
> Free convection UA must be less than the design tower
> UA.
>    **  Fatal  ** Errors found in Cooling Tower input
>

> I do not understand what is going on. I have also
> autosized the condenser pump and I have tried by
> changing the exit temperature and the delta
> temperature in the plant sizing object for the
> condenser plant.
>
> I am sure i am missing something. Could anybody tell
> me what it is?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Carmen.

> Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
> ¿te atreves a comparar?
> http://busquedas.yahoo.es

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: