Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about "Venting Availability"?

This is a bug, the values should be averaged instead of summed.  There are
actually three COMIS report variables that are incorrectly summing instead of
averaging:

Zone,Sum,Opening Factor Multiplier for COMIS Venting Modulation[]
Zone,Sum,Inside Temp Setpoint for COMIS Venting[C]
Zone,Sum,Venting Availability[]

A change request (#6362) has been submitted to have this fixed.  Thank you for
notifying us of the problem.

Mike

On 18 Jun 2004, at 13:11, Ian Doebber wrote:

> I saw the same thing when I used COMIS.  Since there are 6 time steps per hour,
> then E+ sums up all the ones and spits out six.  It should divide by 6 to give
> you the average value of the Venting Availability for the hour but it doesn't.
> To verify this for yourself, output the Venting Availability for each time step
> and you will see that it will be one.  Hope this helps.
>
> Ian Doebber
> Graduate Student
> Mechanical Engineering
> Virginia Tech