[EnergyPlus_Support] questions on zone geometry

i have some some questions on surface geometry

1. is there any problem to neglect the thickness of
the surface example thickness of walls in the
simulation result?

2. in my country the construction of is basically
corregated iron sheet on the top and a chip(soft) wood
ceiling material. of course there is a  wooden or
steel truss structure which holdes the roof top.
what i have confused here is that when i take the
construction in my simulation for this roof is as
follows,
 Construction,
   Roof1, ! Name
   METAL - GALVANIZED STEEL , !- outside layer
   E4 - CEILING AIRSPACE,
   WOOD - SOFTWOOD 3 / 4 IN; ! Inside layer
but i don't feel comfort with this b/c the air gap is
very large so that the thickness of the air gap is
very important. so how do i consider this thickness os
air?

thanks
tek

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail