Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] thermal comfort

I don't know offhand.  I think the thermal comfort models are described
pretty well in the Engineering Document and their heritage is described
there as well.  It probably doesn't go as far as indicating what choices
might be best for what buildings.

And, as you probably already know, while the standard models only show a
certain range (e.g. -3 to +3), EnergyPlus uses the general equations and
might come out with a +6 or -7 in a model that wouldn't ordinarily have
those values.  (Because EnergyPlus does not try to limit to a scale and
just uses the basic values.)

At 09:45 AM 7/8/2004, Ian Doebber wrote:
>I am looking at the thermal comfort conditions of my inhabitants and was
>wondering which one should I use. I see that there are 6 different outputs
>that I have to choose from to evaluate thermal comfort.  Is there really
>any significant difference between the thermal comfort sensation predicted
>by these different models and if so, which one would be most accurate.  I
>am modeling a standard house if this helps in making a choice.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team