Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: sizing factor

For Winter or Summer?

FYI, It looks like you're using the Design Days from the "BLAST" library
set.  I'd suggest you use the ones from the USDesignConditions (ASHRAE 2001).

If you understand the ASHRAE design conditions, you may be able to make a
better choice for your building.

ASHRAE, heating, for example has:

99.6% (still a .4% off the true min/max conditions)
and
99%

The cooling conditions have several more options depending on the kind of
system/actual conditions that you have.

EnergyPlus makes no "built in" assumptions/safety factors/engineering
judgment.  Ergo, the sizing factor is used to take the raw/minimal sizing
(to meet certain conditions) into actual building conditions that would be
expected to meet actual extreme conditions.

Hope this helps.

At 05:27 PM 7/13/2004, pizzaalan wrote:

>When I choose 1.2 and only simulate the design days, the
>temperatures of some zone don't reach to the setpoint. The design

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team