[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: New User

Hello

I could give you a brief idea of how one could model a building. Its
seems you would just need to model the building envelope .
what you would need to do is open up Eplus Launch , click on Idf
Editor and browse and open the ExampleFile 1ZoneUncontrolled.idf, (
located in the Example files folder ) see the fields that have been
entered in that file , it is a very simple input file . Click on
drawing file on EpLaunch and view the building for the idf , you will
get a very good idea of the building being modeled. This should get
your started. I am sure it will be very easy.

Thanks
Rahul  Chillar
Grad Research Assistant, Building Systems Lab
Mechanical Engineering , University of Illinois - UC

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "roinma" <roinma@y...>
wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I'm a new user of Energy+ having an ammount of problems. Just few
> words to introduse myself. My name's Ross Simeonova, student of
> Environmental Engineering in the Technical University of Crete,
> Greece. I'm workin on my final thesis right now with topic passive
> solar cooling. The main idea of the thesis is by using E+ and some
> other softwares to create a passive solar cooling house in 2
> locations - Athens(Greece) and Sofia(Bulgaria). I would like to
find
> out the best position of the house in the 2 location in order to be
> passive solar cooling without use of any technical equipment, just
> with the help of window size, shading, plants, building
> materials,etc. I have the weather files I need for the simulations
> but I don't really understand the way I should create the Input
File